Friday, May 14, 2010

For the Love . . .

All y'all are the best. Sarah rushed over to donate $50 to my bone marrow donor kit, and although I shouldn't have accepted it, I did, because it was all about the cost for me.

Then, Alyssa told me about free bone marrow typing that she had just heard about, and I checked it out and it was legit! I signed up and they are sending me a kit in a week. If you want to sign up, here's the link: http://www.freestuff.com/featured/free-bone-marrow-test-kit/

So, Sarah, I'm going to bring your money back. Thanks though. You're an inspiration. If you or anyone else wants a free photo shoot, I'm feeling generous.

Now, I'm going to go cry a little.

p.s. Miguel's uncle was just diagnosed with leukemia. His daughter died of leukemia several years ago and his wife died suddenly in her sleep a couple of years ago, and if anything happens to him, his daughter, Miguel's cousin, a freshman at BYU-I, will be alone in the world. And, I just learned from my reading that most bone marrow recipients are leukemia patients, and so I feel good about this. Thanks again.

1 comments:

Sacajawea said...

How about you wait until you have the kit in hand? Just to make sure.

I'm sorry about Miguel's uncle, that is so sad. I hope for a happy outcome!

I think you are GREAT for doing this! I never knew it was an option to be a donor without having a patient in mind. That's just cool. I'll have to read more on it.

My cousin's life was saved by anothers bone marrow. I think it's amazing what they can do! Thank God for medical science, and people like YOU who would go through the pain to help a stranger.